Saturday, October 29, 2011

Week 2

Okay, week two wasn't nearly as successful as week one, but I don't feel defeated or discouraged.  My goal in this is to get healthier, so as long as I'm eating well and exercising, I'm reaching my goal, regardless of what the scale says.  I didn't lose any weight this week, but I also didn't gain, so I still have 62 pounds to go.  Since I lost 7 pounds in the first week, I'm still well ahead of schedule, as I'm trying to average about a pound and a half per week.  I did have one small slip-up this week, not because I was weak, but simply because I was unprepared.  While I didn't make the best choice possible, I didn't make the worst choice possible.  I was out running errands, and was suddenly STARVED, to the point of being light-headed, so I stopped and got a chicken mcnugget happy meal.  Ideally, I would have had a granola bar in my purse or something, but it wasn't the worst thing I could have eaten.  I did feel victorious, when, later in the week, I went to the Halloween party at our complex, where they were serving pizza and beer.  This was the best kind of pizza and beer, because it was of the FREE variety :)  All I had was a diet coke, and when I started to feel hungry, I went home and made my own healthy pizza.  Point for the home team.  Here's how the week went:

Saturday
Breakfast:  Oatmeal with 1 cup milk
Lunch:  Happy Meal
Dinner:  Homemade flat bread pizza (amazing!)
Snacks:  pudding and jello
2 mile walk

Sunday
Breakfast:  Waffles with 1 cup milk
Lunch:  Salad  with balsamic vinaigrette dressing
Dinner:  Creamy chicken and spinach (weight watchers cookbook)
Snacks:  1 oz blue corn and flax tortilla chips with 2 tbsp salsa, pudding, and jello
20 minute walk

Monday
Breakfast:  Waffles with 1 cup milk
Lunch:  1 cup V8 tomato soup, 1 oz blue corn and flax tortilla chips with 2 tbsp salsa, stick of cheese, apple sauce
Dinner:  Linguine with turkey sausage (weight watchers cookbook)
Snacks:  jello and pudding

Tuesday
Breakfast:  Waffles with 1 cup milk
Lunch:  Turkey wrap with fresh fruit
Dinner:  Homemade flat bread pizza
2 mile walk

Wednesday
Breakfast:  Soy latte
Lunch:  Salad with light ranch dressing
Dinner:  Veggie and egg white omelette, 1 serving tater tots
Snacks:  1 cup tomato soup, 1 oz blue corn and flax tortilla chips with 2 tbsp salsa, pudding, jello
1 mile walk

Thursday
Breakfast: Skipped breakfast...I know, I know, bad Natalie.
Lunch:  Chicken nuggets from chick-fil-a (this is actually okay to eat if you don't get the waffle fries), side salad with light Italian dressing
Dinner:  Mexican potato casserole (weight watchers cookbook)
Snacks:  1 cup V8 broccoli soup with toast, pudding

Friday
Breakfast:  Waffles, soy latte
Lunch:  2 oz roasted chicken breast, 1 cup broccoli soup, 1 oz blue corn and flax tortilla chips with 2 tbsp salsa, apple sauce
Dinner:  Baked chicken with ziti (weight watchers cookbook)
Snacks:  Small turkey sandwich, jello, Breyer's ice cream sandwich (only 160 calories!!!)
2 mile walk


No comments:

Post a Comment