Sunday, October 16, 2011

Week 1

I'm going to try and do my updates on Saturdays, but I didn't get a chance yesterday.  Yesterday officially began operation: stop being a fat ass.  I have 49 weeks to go.  I did my official weigh in yesterday, and I was already down 1 pound, and I hadn't even started yet.  I won't post my starting weight until after I've lost weight, because it's a little embarrassing.  I will say this though: I'm down 26 pounds from the day I gave birth, and I've got 69 more to go.  I'll also post before and after pictures once I've lost the weight.

Yesterday I went grocery shopping to make meals from my cookbooks.  I'm using the Better Homes and Garden cookbook, and a weight watchers cookbook that I found on Amazon for seven cents.  Pretty good find.  I'm allowing myself 1500 calories per day...300 at breakfast, 400 at lunch and dinner, and two to three snacks per day, which will equal another 400 calories.  There are a LOT of yummy dinners you can make that are only 400 calories, as long as you stick to the proper portion sizes.  In my next post, I'll include all of the dinners I made, and if anyone wants the recipes, I would be happy to e-mail them.

As far as exercise, I'm going to get some in everyday, even if I only have time for a twenty minute walk, or jogging up and down the stairs, I will get some exercise in.  I also purchased a resistance band set and some 5lb ankle weights.  I've finally gotten to the point where I don't feel like I need to look perfect, I just want to be healthy, so the few things I can do at home should do the trick.  On days that I don't have to work, I'll put Casey in his stroller and take him for a nice long walk.

I guess that's about it for this week.  Next week will be a little more exciting :)

1 comment:

  1. "I've finally gotten to the point where I don't feel like I need to look perfect, I just want to be healthy"

    I love this, it's so important!!!

    ReplyDelete