Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Just getting started.

Okay, I knew I had a lot of weight to lose, just judging by the number on the scale in the doctor's office.  But it wasn't until just now, looking through pictures that my nieces had taken of me a couple of days ago, that I realized, I'm not just a little overweight...I'm actually a fat person.  I wish I could attribute this all to baby weight, but to be completely honest, the majority of my weight gain came BEFORE I got pregnant.  I did gain 40 pounds during my pregnancy, but I have a whole lot more than that to lose.  I've lost a substantial amount of weight before, but never have I had so much to lose.  I figured a blog might help me to stay on track, even if nobody ever reads it.  I will keep a journal throughout the week, and post a blog every weekend until my son's first birthday.  This gives me 49 weeks to lose 70 more pounds, or die trying.  I've already lost 25 pounds in the 19 days since Casey was born, and I am very confident that I can lose the rest.  I'm not trying to get stick thin, I simply want to get healthy for my son, my husband, and whatever children we have in the future.  Wish me luck!

3 comments:

  1. You can totally do it!!!! Also... maybe we should be long distance weight loss buddies. It's totally doable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are one of the strongest moms that I know.... you can do anything you set your mind to accomplish... I cannot wait for your nieces to take the after picture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are proud of you, say we are proud of you, hey, hey, hey... <3

    ReplyDelete