Saturday, October 22, 2011

Week 2

Week 1 is over, and I would definitely say it was a success.  I'm down 7 pounds this week, 33 pounds overall, and I have 62 pounds to go!  Most importantly, though, I stuck to my plan the entire week, without any cravings.  I would usually be craving something bad for me by about the third day.  I exercised every day except for one.  I wanted to try to get some exercise every single day, but with a newborn baby, it's a little more difficult than I thought.  I stuck to my eating plan all week, which, historically, has always been the hard part for me, so I'm very proud of myself.  Here's what my week looked like:
Saturday
Breakfast: steel cut oatmeal, 1 cup 1% milk (I measure 1 cup exactly)
Lunch: charbroiled chicken sandwich, side salad with lite Italian dressing 
Dinner: chicken cacciatore (weight watchers cookbook)
2 mile walk 

Sunday
Breakfast: 2 Kashi frozen blueberry waffles, 1 cup 1% milk
Lunch: bowl of broccoli cheese soup from Panera (sounds fatty, but it's actually low fat, low cal)
Dinner: Jambalaya (Better homes and garden cookbook)
Snacks: cucumber slices and mini sweet peppers with veggie dip, pudding, and jello
Exercised with my resistance bands (afterwards I decided to wait for my doctor's approval to use them again, so I'll stick with walking for now)

Monday
Breakfast:  2 Kashi frozen blueberry waffles, 1 cup 1% milk
Lunch: chicken breast (pulled from a roasted chicken), 1 large hardboiled egg, 1 stick cheddar cheese, apple sauce, 5 green olives
Dinner: veggie omelette (1 whole egg, 2 egg white, 1/4 cup cheese, veggies), tater tots (I counted out 1 serving...although I wanted a lot more)
Snacks:  cucumber slices and sweet mini peppers with veggie dip, pudding and jello
2 mile walk

Tuesday
Breakfast:  2 Kashi frozen blueberry waffles, 1 cup 1% milk (I know, I'm boring)
Lunch:  chicken breast, 1 large hardboiled egg, 1 stick cheddar cheese, apple sauce
Dinner:  shrimp and veggie creole (weight watchers cookbook)
Snacks:  pudding and jello
20 minutes of cardio in the gym (it was raining all day)

Wednesday
Breakfast:  2 Kashi frozen blueberry waffles, 1 cup 1% milk
Lunch:  chicken breast, 1 large hardboiled egg, 1 additional egg white, 1 stick cheddar cheese, apple sauce
Dinner: 1/2 boneless porkchop, 1 serving cous cous, green beans
Snacks:  peppers with veggie dip, pudding, and jello
20 minutes of cardio in the gym (still raining)

Thursday
Breakfast:  oatmeal, 1 cup 1% milk (I ran out of waffles)
Lunch:  chicken breast, 1 large hardboiled egg, 1 additional egg white, 1 stick cheddar cheese, apple sauce
Dinner: Jambalaya
Snacks: 1 slice of toast with 1 tbsp peanut butter, pudding, jello

Friday
Breakfast:  oatmeal, soy latte (yummy!)
Lunch:  salad with lots of veggies, lite ranch dressing
Dinner:  more oatmeal
2 mile walk

I have found that it's easy to stick with an eating program if preparation is easy, that's why my breakfasts and lunches were pretty much the same every day.  To prevent myself from getting bored, I'll change it up every week.  I was also going to try a different recipe from my cookbooks every night, but that was going to be way too expensive, so I decided that I would try 2-3 new recipes each week.  Also, I need something sweet everyday, which is why I eat jello and pudding everyday.  I decided not to go with the sugar free versions, because then they are loaded with artificial sweeteners.  The real versions are still very low in fat and calories, so it's okay!  

Since I had such a good week, I'm feeling more motivated than ever, so I'm going to keep it up!

No comments:

Post a Comment